Study Permits

Have you finished your studies in Canada and want to work in Canada? Learn more about Post-graduate Work Permit.

A Study Permit

A Study Permit is a document issued by the Government of Canada to a foreign national, approving him/her to come to Canada as a post-secondary student, attending a designated college or university in Canada.

Study Permit

Study Permit applicants can apply from either INSIDE or OUTSIDE CANADA. Applications may be submitted by paper or online, and typically require a school acceptance letter from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).

To see the list of Canadian schools generally accepted for a Study Permit application, visit: Designated Learning Institution (DLI).

A study permit is usually issued for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days.


  • Acceptance Letter: You must have an acceptance letter from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) to apply for a Canadian study permit.
  • Proof of Financial Support: You must provide documentation proving that you have sufficient funds to cover the cost of tuition for your first year of study as well as the cost of living (housing, food, etc.) for yourself and any accompanying family members.
  • Supporting Documentation: Extensive supporting documentation must be submitted with all study permit applications. This documentation varies from country-to-country. To determine the documents required for a specific location, you can consult the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website, or you can contact our firm and one of our Educational Counsellors will contact you with assistance.

Post Graduate Work Permit

Most International students in Canada enrolled in a DLI are eligible for a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). It is a one-time opportunity for international students and the PGWP cannot be renewed. The PGWP is an open work permit allowing students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to work for any employer and gain valuable Canadian work experience. Skilled Canadian work experience in National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0 or skill level A or B that is gained through the PGWPP helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian experience class within Express Entry.

Unsure of which school you would like to attend?

Let us help you…Contact us today or click below to book an in-person appointment or virtual meeting