Work Permits

Do you have an employer who wants to hire you but needs help getting an LMIA? We can help! Call us to find out if you are eligible to work in Canada.

Work Permits

A Work Permit is a document issued by the Canadian Government to a foreign national, approving them to work in Canada for a specified period of time, under specific conditions.

Our team has successfully helped applicants, from both INSIDE and OUTSIDE CANADA, apply for work permits in a variety of industries and skill-levels. Types of Work Permits include: Employer-Specific Work Permit, Open Work Permit.

Employer-Specific Work Permit

An Employer-Specific Work Permit specifies the terms and conditions of your stay in Canada as a worker, including:

  • the name of the specific employer you can work for
  • how long you can work for
  • the location where you can work

Employer-Specific Work Permits are the most common type of applications to work in Canada.

Typically, the applicant must have a valid Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from the Canadian employer who wishes to hire them.

Open Work Permit

An Open Work Permit approves the foreign worker to work for ANY employer in Canada, except for one that:

  • is listed as ineligible on the list of employers who have failed to comply with the conditions or
  • regularly offers strip tease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages
    Open Work Permits are only approved in specific situations.

You may be eligible for an open work permit if you:

  • are an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
  • are a student who’s no longer able to meet the costs of your studies (destitute student)
  • have an employer-specific work permit and are being abused or at risk of being abused in relation to your job in Canada
  • applied for permanent residence in Canada
  • are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence
  • are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student
  • are the spouse or common-law partner of an applicant of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
  • are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member
  • are under an unenforceable removal order
  • are a temporary resident permit holder
  • are a young worker participating in special programs

Finding employment in Canada can be stressful.

Our office works closely with Employers in various industries to fill their labour needs. Are you the right fit? Contact us today to find out.